Facts About Dental Implant Recovery Process
Dental implants are a great replacement for people who have missing teeth. They are durable and last for a long if taken care of properly. Dental implants help you build up your confidence to smile, eat, and speak. Contact us for the best dental implant near you in Gilbert, AZ.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implant surgery replaces missing teeth with titanium posts that are placed by the dentist in your jawbone. It connects a fixed bridge, single crown, complete denture, or partial denture. Dental implants take time to heal just like every other procedure. Alongside your bones need time to adjust and mend which might take months. However, depending on the number of implants your incision can heal in two weeks. For more information call us or book an appointment for dental implants near you in Gilbert, AZ. Following are a few interesting facts about the dental implant recovery process.
Dental implant recovery is based on the type of surgery required and the number of implants you receive. It may take 7-10 days for the implant to fully integrate into the bone. You might experience post-dental implant syndromes, which include minor bleeding around the implant sites, swelling, bruising, sore tongue and throat, and stiffness in your jaw. Your lifestyle choices will also impact your dental implant healing time, for example, smoking can lead to implant problems or failure in the healing process.
There will be significant changes in your diet after your dental implant surgery. You will have to avoid certain food and drinks to not disturb the healing process. These foods and drinks can cause inflammation and additional pain by irritating the tissue around your implant. A few are as follows:
A few recommended soft foods that you can enjoy are as follows:
- Acidic foods such as lemons, tomatoes, grapes, apples, cheese, peanuts, pasta, rice, pizza
- Acidic drinks like alcohol, hot chocolate, and carbonated beverages, and drink using a straw whenever possible.
After the surgery, you should eat soft foods for at least a week or perhaps even longer depending on the instructions from your surgeon. It is best to consult your dentist and choose someone you trust. At Island Dental we make sure all your questions are answered. Contact us today for more information on dental implants in Gilbert, AZ.
- Baked beans
- Protein shakes
- Ice cream
- Mashed potatoes
There Are Different Ways To Ensure Quick And Easy Recovery.
- You need to get some rest after your implant.
- Avoid strenuous activities such as lifting, bending, etc.
- Avoid anything that may cause blood clots to dislodge and bleeding.
- You can use extra pillows to help elevate the head while sleeping.
- Avoid exercising for the first couple of days. Instead, consider walking or doing light yoga.
- Avoid putting pressure on the wound while brushing and flossing.
- Dental implants require routine professional cleanings, dental check-ups
Dental Implants In Gilbert, AZ.
Dental implants can be complex and you need to make sure to choose the best dentist for your dental implant treatment. We can provide you with more information on Dental Implants. Feel free to contact us and choose the best dentist for dental implants in Gilbert AZ.