At Island Dental, our mission is to provide you with a healthy and beautiful smile. Within the walls of our practice, we will do everything necessary to best serve your dental health. Although our services can help you walk out of our office with a healthier and brighter smile, regular dental visits with Dr. Naman B. Patel cannot substitute for the consistent hygienic maintenance that you should do in the home.
Following is a list of practices that can help you maintain your dental hygiene and health at home.
- Brush at least twice a day to remove plaque formed from meals eaten throughout the day.
- Make sure to brush the outer and inner surfaces of each tooth.
- Use the tip of the brush to clean the inside of the front teeth.
- Brush your tongue to remove bacteria and freshen your breath.
- Floss at least once a day to help clean spaces between your teeth and disrupt plaque colonies from building up in order to prevent damage to the gums, teeth, and bone.
- Rinse your mouth with water after brushing and after meals if you are unable to brush.
If you implement these practices in your daily life and participate in regularly scheduled visits to our office, you will be rewarded with a beautiful and healthy smile. Proper dental hygiene in Gilbert, Arizona, will keep you from unnecessary pain and discomfort, increase your confidence, and give you a smile that will last a lifetime.
When you come to our practice, you may also be given special instructions by our dentist to help you with any specific treatments that we suggest to improve your dental health. If you have any questions, please give us a call and let us know how we can help you maintain optimum oral hygiene.