Today, Dr. Naman B. Patel at Island Dental is pleased to be able to share some insight into the benefits of dental bridges for our patients in Gilbert, Arizona who are struggling with missing teeth. Do you have a tooth (or several) missing from your smile? If you have lost teeth, your smile may be affected in a variety of way, including the following:
- Your appearance suffers as the gaps stand out.
- Your speech can be affected.
- You are at a greater risk for gum disease as well as tooth decay.
- Your remaining teeth will shift.
- Your bite can change. If this happens, temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ) can result if the missing teeth are in the back of your mouth causing uneven pressure on your pearly whites.
As you can see, missing teeth don’t just affect your smile’s appearance, they actually affect the function of your mouth as well. Because missing teeth should never be ignored, the good news is that a dental bridge can prevent the above conditions. Dental bridges are affixed or cemented to remaining teeth or dental implants. This means they provide both stability and security when speaking and chewing. Best of all, these non-removable restorations improve your smile whether you are missing one tooth or several in a row.
So even though dental implants, partial dentures, and dental bridges all share the ability to restore your smile’s function and appearance, our fixed dental bridge might just be the solution you are looking for, depending on your situation and your needs.
To find out more, please reach out to our Island Dental team at 480-719-7941 in Gilbert, Arizona, today. Dr. Naman B. Patel and our staff want to help you restore your healthy, confident smile!