At Island Dental, the dental practice of Dr. Naman B. Patel, we are happy to help our patients who need a tooth extraction in Gilbert, Arizona, and the surrounding areas. We strive to provide the most conservative treatment possible for our patients in Post Falls, Idaho, but there are times that an extraction may be necessary to correct certain conditions and improve your oral and overall health. During an extraction, Dr. Patel will remove the affected tooth from the socket in the bone, and provide a dental restoration such as a crown, denture or dental implant where needed. Dr. Patel successfully helps patients who require gum surgery and dental implants in addition to tooth extraction.
You might need an oral surgical extraction if:
• You have extra teeth which are blocking other teeth from coming in.
• If a baby tooth doesn’t fall out when it is supposed to so that the permanent tooth is able to come in.
• If you are going to be getting braces, and need room for the new position of the teeth.
• If you are undergoing radiation to the head and neck area.
• If teeth have become infected from using cancer drugs, and your immune system is compromised.
• If you have had an organ transplant and teeth can become infected.
• Your wisdom teeth may need extraction before or after they come in. If they have decay, are causing you pain, or have an infection or a cyst, they may require removal.
At Island Dental in Gilbert, Arizona, Dr. Patel and our team work hard to help you keep your smile healthy. To find out more about a tooth extraction/oral surgery or to schedule an appointment with our caring team, please call us at 480-719-7941 today!